The project The Great Transformation. State and Municipal Civil Service in Vienna, 1918 to 1920 deals with the profound changes to civil service that took place in the years immediately after the end of the Habsburg Monarchy at the levels of both federal administration and that of the city of Vienna.
We are seeking two research assistants at the post-doctoral level to contribute to this project on the basis of 20 hrs/week for a period of nine months, preferably beginning on 1 February 2018.
- Archival research (Archiv der Republik, Allgemeines Verwaltungsarchiv, Wiener Stadt- und Landesarchiv)
- Research in libraries (ÖNB, Parlamentsbibliothek, Administrative Bibliothek im BKA, Bibliothek Finanzministerium)
- Description of archival records
- Generation of metadata (keywords, abstracts) for a database
- preparation of a workshop
- D. in History or related subject
- Experience with archival and library research
- Knowledge of 20th-century Austrian history
- Ability to read early-20th-century German script (Kurrent) – required!
- Experience in photographing and scanning archival materials – desirable
Please send your application by e-mail until January 8, 2018, to Birgit Aubrunner, firstname.lastname@example.org.