News (in German)
Publications and Posters
Our research group
Information for students (in German)
order to explain my research interests in detail, it would take to much
space and time. So I have decided to use keywords to introduce my field
The Blood-Brain Barrier (BBB)
- Designing and Developing BBB models in order to be capable to predict permeability of substances through the BBB.
- For which kinds of transport ways are our models useful ?
passive transport, active transport systems
- Tightness characterisation of cell layers
- Comparison of published in vivo data for BBB permeability of substances with permeability data of our models
- Characterisation of our BBB models and cell lines under different conditions
(e.g. shear stress, inflammation, neurodegenerative diseases)
Mainly used analytics:
HPLC, Capillary Gel Electrophoresis, MS (Maldi-TOF), Fluorimetry, Protein analysis (Western blotting, Immunofluorescence), CLSM, ESEM, TEM, SEM
If you want to find out more, just contact me.