Particular information related to courses of WS 2021
Course information for 040131 UK Introductory Econometrics
· In the first unit on October 7, we encountered the expected technical issues but they were finally resolved. The course outline as planned above was generally confirmed.
· Course material will be available on the Moodle system.
· Unfortunately, the unit on October 11 was not recorded. I consider uploading a short summary video instead. The unit on October 21 was recorded but the video is unsatisfactory.
· In the unit on October 14, the date for the first midterm was set at November 22, 2021. Material for the test was everything taught until and including (t.o.m.) November 8.
· A first homework assignment (on the simple regression model) was due November 10, 2021. Participants have been informed on the results.
· From October 26, 2021, space restrictions in lecture rooms have been lifted. Under these guidelines, teaching on Thursdays happens in HS 14 and needs no second room and no room-to-room streaming. Unfortunately, on November 22 new regulations have been implemented and in-person teaching has been interrupted.
· The second test has taken place on December 13, 2021.
· There were no course units on November 15 and on November 18, as rooms were not available.
· Following general guidelines, the first test was an on-line test. Test problems were available on Moodle Nov 22, 9:30am, but officially it started 15min later. Solutions were to be uploaded by 11:15am, with uploads tolerated until 11:30am.
· According to regulations, the second test was another on-line test. The same holds for the lecture course, as participants have already been informed via e-mail. I really hope that it will be possible to return to physical presence as soon as possible.
· Due to a clash in commitments, there was no course unit on December 6. As a replacement, a video was uploaded on Moodle.
· Participants have been informed on the results of the first and of the second test. Out of 93 participants, 91 have attended the first test and again 91 have written the second test. A considerable share of participants has already accumulated at least 50 points and thus passed the course. After submitting the second homework assignment, this share will have risen even more.
· Please note that the offer for retakes of the first test has now expired. No participants have chosen this option.
· By default, the last course unit in January 2022 is reserved for the third and final test that carries another 25 points.
· Please note the general guidelines: the course will remain on-line until the end of the semester, and this unfortunately also includes the third test.
· Participants have been informed on their grades. Grades have been entered into the system.
Course information for 040211 KU Forecasting
· In the first unit on October 7, the course outline as described was generally confirmed. The convened date for the written test was December 16, 2021.
· Course material is available on the Moodle system.
· There was no course unit on November 18, as the room was not available. Note the room change from November 25.
· Following current guidelines, this course was done on-line on Nov 25, Dec 2, Dec 9.
· Following recommendations for our faculty, the unit on Dec 16 was also on-line, thus the written test was an on-line test, and unfortunately we will remain on-line until the end of this semester.
· Participants have been informed on the results of the written test. I appreciate information from participants concerning empirical projects.
· Grading of this course is finished.
Course information for 040216 VO Macroeconomics
· All sessions are recorded and available on the Moodle system. There you also find the slides for the course. These slides define the material that is relevant for exams.
· Due to a clash in commitments, there was no course unit on December 6. It was substituted by two shorter asynchronous videos later.
· First exam date: exam has been written. Participants have been informed on their results. Grading is finished.
· Second exam date on March 2: exam will be in presence at the university building.