Welcome to my homepage. I am Professor of Stochastics at the University of Vienna.
What I do:
I am interested in many aspects of probability theory. I enjoy the rich interplay with other fields such as analysis, geometry or combinatorics. More precisely, my research involves: Brownian motion, random geometry, Liouville quantum gravity, Gaussian free field, SLE, the dimer model, imaginary geometry, branching and coalescing systems and relation to partial differential equations, random walks on graphs and groups, mixing times, connections with representation theory.
My CV is here.
I am an Associate Editor of
- International Mathematics Research Notices (IMRN)
- Annals of Probability
- Monatshefte für Mathematik.
- Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society
- Springer Briefs in Mathematical Physics.
- I have also served as an associate editor of Electronic Journal of Probability and Electronic Communications in Probability (2015-2020), as well as Annals of applied probability (2016-2021).
- Link to the website of the probability community in Vienna.
- My work is supported by the FWF through the grant Scaling limits in random conformal geometry.
- The Statistical Laboratory of the University of Cambridge, where I was based before coming to Vienna.
- I organise the Vienna Probability Seminar, jointly with Mathias Beiglböck at the University of Vienna, Laszlo Erdös and Jan Maas at the nearby IST, and Fabio Toninelli at TU Vienna.
Current group members:
- PhD students: Lucas Teyssier, Diederik van Engelenburg (jointly with Marcin Lis), Mingchang Liu (jointly with Hao Wu).
- Postdoc: William da Silva.
Past group members:
- Past PhD students: Antoine Jégo, Mo-Dick Wong, Ellen Powell, Henry Jackson, Ed Mottram, Bati Sengul, Lee Zhuo Zhao, Richard Pymar.
- Past postdoctoral associates: Jonathan Hermon (2017-2019), Wei Qian (2017-2019), Marcin Lis (2017-2018), Gourab Ray (2014-2017), Benoit Laslier (2014-2016), Laure Dumaz (2013-2015), Arnab Sen (2010-2012), Ariel Yadin (2009-2010).