Dr. Kathrin Hanauer, B.Sc. M.Sc.
Währinger Straße 29, 1090 Wien
Office hours: by appointment only
My research interests include (but are not limited to) the following topics:
… in particular for dynamic graph algorithms.
How (fast | good) can we solve the Feedback Arc Set/Linear Ordering problem, in theory and practice?
Graph Theory & Graph Drawing
… in particular beyond-planar graphs
Courses I’m teaching or have taught at the University of Vienna can be found here.
We have many open topics suitable for student thesis both on Bachelor’s and Master’s level. To do your Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis with us, you should have
- a profound understanding of algorithms and data structures,
- joy working and experimenting with them,
- excellent programming skills (usually in C++),
- a certain amount of perseverance ;-) and the ability to think for yourself!
Possible subject areas:
- Dynamic Graph Algorithms
- Image Segmentation
- Machine Learning for Algorithm Parameters
If you would be interested in a topic or area that is not listed here, do not hesitate to contact us and suggest your topic!