Mathematical Physics Group
University of Vienna
phone: +43 1 4277 51507
I am an Assistant Professor at the Mathematical Physics Group at University of Vienna.
- String Theory, Field Theory, Mathematical Physics
- Calabi-Yau Spaces, D-branes, Algebraic Geometry
- Topological String Theory, Mirror Symetry
- Supersymmetric Gauge Theory
Publications and CV
- Exotic Calabi-Yaus from Supersymmetric Gauge Theory (FWF stand-alone project P30904)
- July 2017: "Gauged Linear Sigma Models, Calabi-Yaus and Hemisphere Partition Function" at CERN TH Institute "Geometry of String and Gauge Theories" (slides)
- July 2016: "D-brane transport in non-abelian gauged linear sigma models" at the Bethe Forum on Mirror Symmetry in Bonn (slides)
- Outreach talk: "String Theory for Pedestrians" (english, deutsch)
- January 2015: "D-branes in non-abelian gauged linear sigma models" at LMU Munich (slides)
- September 2014: "D-branes in non-abelian gauged linear sigma models" at the 20th European Workshop on String Theory in Mainz and the 6th Bethe Center Workshop "Topological Strings and Applications" in Bonn. (slides)
- July 2014: "Exotic Calabi-Yaus from one- and two-parameter nonabelian GLSMs" at the conference "Geometry and Physics of Gauged Linear Sigma Model and its related topics. (slides)
Not on the arXiv
- "Beijing Lectures on the Grade Restrict ion Rule" (based on a talk by R. Eager; with R. Eager, K. Hori and M. Romo): published version
- Habilitation Thesis : "Calabi-Yau Spaces in String Theory"
- Oberwolfach Report: "Exotic Calabi-Yaus from non-abelian gauge theories" at the Oberwolfach workshop "Matrix factorizations in Algebra, Geometry and Physics"
Summer term 2019:
Winter term 2018/2019:
- Theoretische Physik 1 - Uebungen (260055 UE)
Summer term 2018:
- Non-perturbative effects in quantum field theory (260044 VU)
Winter term 2017/2018:
- Mathematische Methoden der Physik 1 - Uebungen (260017 UE)
- Introduction to String Theory (260019 VO)
- Introduction to String Theory - Exercies (260022 UE)
- Seminar: Group Theory and Physics (260027 SE)
Bachelor and Master Theses
If you are interested in writing a bachelor or master thesis in one of the research areas above, please contact me.
Last updated: April 2019