Max. Teilnehmer*innenanzahl: 15
Ort: International Institute for Peace (IIP) or virtual, Mölwaldplatz 5/2, 1040 Wien
- Saturday, 17 October 2020 10am – 2pm
- Saturday, 7 November 2020 10am – 2pm
- Saturday, 21 November 2020 10am – 2pm
- Saturday, 12 December 2020 10am – 2pm
- Saturday, 16 January 2021 10am – 2pm
- Anmeldung von Di 01.09.2020 09:00 bis Mi 30.09.2020 17:00
- Abmeldung bis Sa 31.10.2020 17:00
Ziele, Inhalte und Methode der Lehrveranstaltung:
This SE helps doctoral candidates to find an appropriate theory of international relations for their theses. It also will make suggestions how to apply it to specific cases studies.
At the first step, the lector will introduce the major IR Theories. They include among others (neo)-realism, liberal institutionalism, regime theory, English school, constructivism, interdependence and integrations theories, democratic peace and security communities. Then the students will present their individual topics and apply the theories to their case studies. The lector discusses with the students the best way on how to operationalize the theories for their topics.
Presentation of the thesis or other topics