040 669 KU Simulation I (MA) SS 2020
Lecturer: Andreas J. Novak (e-mail: email@example.com,
Place/Time: Friday, 9:45 - 13:00
preliminary discussion: March 6th, 2020
6 Dates: 6.3. (PC 5), 13.3. (PC 3), 20.3. (PC 3), 27.3. (PC 5), 3.4. (PC 2), 24.4. (PC 2)
Mid term exam:
Introduction into simulation methods,
Simulation software package AnyLogic,
Generation of random numbers,
- Distribution fitting,
Applications of Anylogic in various fields
During the class I give a theoretical introduction into queuing theory
and I will show you how such problems can be simulated with AnyLogic.
Students are requested to run simulation studies with AnyLogic and write
a report on their experiments.
- Hillier, Liebermann: "Introduction to Operations Research"
- Law, A.M.: "Simulation Modeling and Analysis", McGraw-Hill
is based on:
Total Score = weighted sum of points
- midterm exam, closed book, no course material allowed. (max: 100 points, weight: 0.35)
- final exam, open book. (max: 100 points, weight: 0.35)
- mini case study; students will individually work out a small
simulation. Grading based on final report (maximum score: 100 points,
points: "sehr gut".