- Interview with Austrian newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten about the coverage of the refugee crisis in Austrian newspapers between 2015-2017, July 15.
- Interview with the Austrian weekly newspaper Die Furche about online “trolls”, hate speech and fake news in social media, April 19.
- TV interview with ERT3 discussing fascism, democracy and political polarisations in Austria, March 27.
- TV Interview with ALLErt on ERT3 discussing the importance of teaching gender as a school of communication in Vienna and especially at times of democratic and equality backlash, March 6.
- Netzpolitik.org report about the article „Reluctant activists? The impact of legislative and structural attempts of surveillance on investigative journalism“ (by A. Mills and K. Sarikakis), December 15.
- Interview with Athens Radio Flash FM on the political campaigning and social polarisation in the course of the Austrian Presidential Elections, December 2.
- Guest commentary entitled “Eine alptraumhafte Zukunft verhindern” about the significance of
big data for the future of our society, Die Furche 13 (p.5), March 31.
- Interview at the Council of Europe Conference “Freedom of Expression: Still a precondition for democracy?” discussing the safety of journalists, October 13.
- Interview on the possible scenaria after the parliamentary vote in Greece with regards to the much contested Eurozone agreement on the FM4 programme ‘Reality Check’, July 15.
- Guest at the Weekly Magazine Allert3 on ERT3, discussing the topics of Allert3 for the day on the (Greek) referendum and the debt, July 9.
- Guest at the Morning News Magazine Proini Enimerosi (Πρωινη Ενημερωση) of ERT1, discussing the media role in covering the Greek Referendum, July 7.
- Interview on Φωνη της Ελλαδας / Voice of Greece on requirements of public service media and their mission in Europe, ERT, June 24.
- NZZ Interview / expert opinion on the situation of the Greek public service broadcaster ERT entitled ‘Griechenlands Medien. Gezähmte Rundfunk-Piraten’, June 16.
- Interview with ComLocTV at the ComLoc Conference, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón de la Plana, April 15.
- Interview with Al Jazeera English on the new bill for the re-establishment of ERT (Greek public service broadcaster), currently under discussion in the Greek Parliament. Al Jazeera English, The Listening Post, April 4.
- Article on a Recommendation for law reform in the re-establishment of the Greek public broadcaster In Efimerida ton Syntakton (Editors’ Press), March 24.
- ‘Misled by the Media – How False Information Rule Europe’ – Interview with EUdyssee international about the proximity of media to the political elites, the myth of the unruly Greeks and why left-wing media should learn to be kinder to each other, March 12.
- Η «περίπτωση» ΕΡΤ και η διάλυση της Δημόσιας Ραδιοτηλεόρασης στην Ευρώπη
The “Case” of ERT and the dismantling of Public Service Broadcasters in Europe
in the Editors Press (Εφημεριδα των Συντακτων), March 9.
- ‘Do feminists enjoy porn?’ Interview with VICE on the sex industry and pornography, February 18.
- Interview for the magazine NEWS about the TV series ‘Vorstadtweiber’ and the secret of its success (‘Vorstadtweiber auf der Psycho-Couch‘), NEWS, February 5 (print version pp. 102-104).
- TV-Interview for the ZIB 24 (Austrian Public Broadcaster ORF) on the new Greek government, ORF ZIB 24, February 4.
- Interview at ERA Radio Morning Magazine on the issue of Audiovisual Archives digitalised by ERT and the current state of AV archives in Europe, ERTOpen, January 30.
- Interview on ‘Wie kann es mit Griechenland weitergehen?‘ about the elections to the parliament in Greece, the success of SYRIZA and its implications on Greece, Ö1 programme Europa Journal, January 30.
- Extensive Interview on Press Freedom, a programme dedicated to ‘Charlie Hebdo: A multi-layered story’ on the FM programme ‘Reality Check’, January 17.
- Interview about the Greek Public Broadcaster NERIT and the elections to the parliament in Greece, MedienMagazin, B5 (Bayerischer Rundfunk), January 11.
- Real.gr on the Press Freedom Award 2014, December 12.
- Media freedom in Greece: State of play and the need for change. The Press Project. Greek News for a Global Audience, December 12.
- Interview about the Press Freedom Award 2014 and the difficulties journalists face in Greece on the FM4 programme ‘Reality Check’, December 11.
- Media expert and panel discussant at the OKTO programme ‘Das Medienquartett’ on the topic ‘Journalismuskrise in Griechenland’ (Crisis of journalism in Greece), December 9.
- Interview on the Brussels based Radio ‘Panik‘ on the programme ‘La Grece qui voyage’ on Public Service Media in Europe as the Fourth Estate and its devaluation and the Greek broadcaster ERT, August 31.
- Interview for USA Today on the verdict on Rebekah Brooks in the UK media court case. June 24.
- Interview on Press Freedom by NERIT in the context of the Greek Presidency of the Council of Europe. Athens, June 2.
- Media Expert at the FM4 programme ‘Reality Check’ on Public Value
The ORF today presented its “Public Value Report”, which aims to provide information on how the ORF fulfils its role as a public broadcaster. This is the sixth such annual report and is published in printed form and will also include TV, radio and online features and contributions from European media experts. Joanna Bostock spoke to Director General Alexander Wrabetz and Professor for Media and Governance from the University of Vienna, Katharine Sarikakis.
- Guest at the central news programme of ERT discussing the State of Media Policy in Europe. Athens, February 27.
- Interview for the Japanese Public Broadcaster NHK on its online service about the use and future of visual media.
This interview is part of the Global Debate Wisdom programme of NHK and ‘The World is Talking: the Future of the Media 2014′ series.
- Guest at the Ö1 programme ‘Von Tag zu Tag’ about ‘Rundfunk, Meinungsfreiheit und Machtausübung – die Schließung des griechischen Rundfunks als Beispiel’ (Moderation: Raphael Rosenberg). Vienna, January 30. Ausgehend von den persönlichen Erfahrungen der Kommunikationswissenschaftlerin spricht Rainer Rosenberg über Verlässlichkeit in der öffentlichen Kommunikation, Einflussnahme von Machtträgern und das Recht der Zivilgesellschaft auf eine faire Basisversorgung mit Information und die Rolle von Medien als kulturelle Institutionen und Unterhalter.
- ORF DialogForum: “Why Greece matters – Meinungsfreiheit, Medienqualität
und der europäische Horizont”. Panel Discussion on the forced shut down of the former public service broadcaster ERT in Greece, Department of Communication, Vienna, January 30.
- Expert Guest at ET3 Television Εκπομπή Λαβύρινθος in Greece, January 3.
- ‘Public service broadcasting for a special programme in Greece’. Interview Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR), December 2013.
- ‘Freedom of expression in times of crisis’. Interviews Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR) and Ö1, December 2013.
- ‘Jede Online-Kommunikation wird überwacht’. Digital entblättert. Die Furche, 47/2013, November 21.
PDF: [P.4] [P.5] [P.6]
- ‘Mehr sagen in wenigen Worten’. Pre-Report on the Austrian Journalists Congress. WirtschaftsBlatt, November 4, 22.
- Interview FM4 @ ORF.at. The Collapse of Greece.
- Expert Guest on the Morning Show at ERTOpen (ERTOpen.com) Television on the budget measures about Higher Education and public sector governance in Greece, September 26.
- ‘We are all Greeks‘: Texte 9, ORF Public Value, 4-6.
- Interview ‘Der Standard’ (Austrian newspaper)
- Interview ORF Science (Austrian Public Service Broadcaster)
- Interview University of Vienna Newspaper (Medienportal Universität Wien)
- Interview ORF (Austrian Public Service Broadcaster)
- Vatican Radio Features Programme interview on Pornography and policy
- BBC2 documentary Hardcore Profits, expert consultation (screening August 2009)
- Interview ERA 2 (Greek Public Service Broadcaster); Agence Press Francaise, Kathimerini and various other Greek media
- Media Globalisation key theme article for BMS World Mission, Mission Catalyst Issue 3/06.
- BBC radio Europe Today Interview on the Review of Television Without Frontiers Directive, Internet services control
- (9/11) Interview Alpha Radio, on international media coverage of US elections; special programme on US presidential elections
- THES ‘Why I’ column on PhD education
1999 – 2002
- (30/11) Interview BBC World (Greek Service) on Copyright, Microsoft and the Internet
- Articles in World View ‘The Times Higher Educational Supplement’