- Provide a sufficiently large flower pot. The minimum is 17-19cm (about 7").
- Make sure the plant is not exposed to temperatures below 10°C (50F).
- Don't keep the plant too moist - water only if earth is very dry or if plant looks exhausted.
- Put plant in a bright, warm spot. Direct sunlight is advised.
- Don't use fertilizer - if you do, the plant will grow lots of branches and leaves, but no chilis.
- Remove the first blossom or chili. This will multiply your harvest.
- If there are blossoms, but no chilis, use a cotton swab to pollinate them.
- If the plant has aphids, put the plant outside and hope for ladybirds, carpenter bees or ichneumon wasps.
- If the plant has lots of aphids, shower it with lukewarm water.
- If the plant has lots of aphids and lots of black larvae, rejoice, for the ladybirds have arrived.
Spammers and phishers never cease to amaze me, and it seems that they provide some valuable insight into the psyche of the people they are targetting. Consider for example this mail, which I received today:
They first address me by my full name, and then they tell me that all they need to send me money is my first name and surname, no additional information required.
I'm assuming that the web page I'm supposed to visit has been designed to install a virus on my computer, but the interesting questions here are:
- How many people will actually click on the link?
- Is the fact that the mail is asking to provide information that the sender already knows an oversight,
- or has it been specifically designed that way because they are assuming that people who don't realize that they're being tricked are also less likely to have anti-virus software installed?
- Symphony No. 2 (Philharmonia Chorus and Orchestra/Otto Klemperer), EMI 5 67235 2
- Symphony No. 3 (Vienna Philharmonic/Pierre Boulez), Deutsche Grammophon 474 038-2
- Symphony No. 5 (Tonhalle Orchestra Zürich/David Zinman), RCA 88697 31450 2
- Symphony No. 6 (London Symphony Orchestra/Valery Gergiev), LSO Live LSO0661
- Symphony No. 9 (Berlin Philharmonic/Sir John Barbirolli), EMI 9 18725 2