March 12, 2007

Good news

Messages from the Lost Continent has been shortlisted for the 2007 Lulu Blooker Prize.

Which means that we're in the top 6 of 34 submitted fiction entries. Which is pretty cool. Thanks to my co-authors for making this possible.

If you still haven't read the book, this could be an incentive to order it now and help us cover some of the costs (we're still about €400 short -- basically, this means we'll have to sell some 150 more copies). As Amazon has once again decided to remove it from its catalog, I recommend ordering from Libri.de instead.

Posted by Horst on March 12, 2007 04:03 PM to books & bookkeeping | Tell-a-friend

Comments
Jann said on March 12, 2007 06:07 PM:

Great news! When you mentioned last week that something nice had happened, I was hoping it would be this.

dieter said on March 13, 2007 09:03 AM:

We wish you all the best! It was great fun electronically and it worked really well as a book. And I am someone who almost never reads the same story twice...

You deserve to win

The Cartoonist in Milan said on March 15, 2007 02:41 PM:

Gratulations!

Natalie said on March 15, 2007 07:52 PM:

Congratulations, Horst, and many more sales. Even if I'm jealous, wailing and sobbing that my wonderful book didn't get on the comics shortlist, I'm still capable of altruistic well-wishing and praise. Your work is good.
Just kidding about the wailing and sobbing. I only did that for about five minutes. Now I've deleted from my brain the fact that I entered the Blooker...the what?

dieter said on March 16, 2007 08:53 AM:

Hi, checked the date. More congrats.
Don't let the darkness of future prospects loom too heavily on you ;-)

Jann said on March 16, 2007 01:26 PM:

I was going to put my birthday wishes under your previous post, where you mentioned birthday, but for the sake of consistency, I'll follow along with dieter, and say right here: "Happy Birthday, Horst. And many more." ;-)

mig said on March 17, 2007 07:49 AM:

Congratulations, Horst. And thanks, as well.
By the way, I just looked at amazon.de and right now they list the book. (I hope this doesn't count as commercial content.)

Klaus said on March 18, 2007 11:42 AM:

I used to think "blogosphere" was the stupidest word ever invented, but "blook" makes me want to bang my head on my keyboard (or the other way round). How do they come up with those words? Alcohol? Prozac? Traumatic childhood experiences in English class?

Anyway, congratulations! The book (sans l!) is already on my Amazon wishlist.

KKovacs said on March 25, 2007 03:53 PM:

Wow, grats! :)

dieter said on March 28, 2007 04:56 PM:

@Horst. Ya still sobering out from your birthday party, or what?
As I bought the Messages twice, I think I have given my share ;-)
By the way, that friend of mine really liked the book.