October 28, 2006

Toothpaste

I always buy two tubes of toothpaste, mostly because for some mysterious reason I seem to be out of toothpaste a lot. The strange thing is that while I can remember opening the first tube after buying it, it always seems that the second tube has mysteriously disappeared by the time the first one is empty. Which is partly the reason why I seem to be out of toothpaste such a lot.

Do I open the second tube and forget about it immediately, or is there a secret hiding place for all the second tubes of toothpaste? A gate to a parallel universe in my bathroom even? Beginning Alzheimer's? Haldur?

Posted by Horst on October 28, 2006 04:06 PM to my so-called life | Tell-a-friend

Comments
Jann said on October 28, 2006 06:02 PM:

If you're not buying Haldur his own toothpaste, it makes sense that he would take yours when you're not looking! He might not want to admit it though.

I always save my "empty" toothpaste tubes; that way, when I run out, I can get by by squeezing the last little bit out of the empties for the day or two it takes me to remember to buy more.

Lucid said on October 28, 2006 11:25 PM:

It's a wormhole. Completely harmless. I had one in my old flat, too.

dieter said on October 30, 2006 09:55 AM:

Must be the place where other people's black socks disappear.

tarralappuja said on November 1, 2006 07:51 AM:

Yes, I have exactly same odd habit. :)

glow-worm said on November 8, 2006 11:39 PM:

Remember the old joke where a man told his wife that he had had dream last night, being a horse, eating lots of hay- and in the morning, the pillow was gone?