September 28, 2006

Success

When we were talking after tonight's presentation, one of my colleagues remarked that the presentation was good, but now she could barely understand me because I was speaking so fast.

I suppose that's how adrenaline works.

Posted by Horst on September 28, 2006 11:56 PM to my so-called life | Tell-a-friend
Comments
TH said on September 29, 2006 09:01 AM:

Is there a recording somewhere?

Missed it by coming down with a cold yesterday.

Horst said on September 29, 2006 02:50 PM:

It was recorded, but I'm not sure by whom and where it'll be available.

richard said on September 29, 2006 03:12 PM:

I don't think you spoke any faster than the other two speakers, but I think the overall acoustics of the great reading hall are not ideal for such an event.

I enjoyed your presentation a lot, but I thought the panel discussion would have benefited from a more interested and less biased mediator.

richard said on September 29, 2006 03:49 PM:

Oh, "now". I get it.

Yes, well, but you still had good pacing during your talk.

Horst said on September 29, 2006 04:23 PM:

I felt that the discussion could have continued for at least one or two more rounds. It was only just getting interesting, and a few more questions wouldn't have hurt.

richard said on September 29, 2006 05:30 PM:

Exactly! He seemed really quite interested in getting the discussion over with, while at the same time using most of the available time to get his own opinion through. Did he have another appointment?

Mickey (of Crikey) McNeill said on October 1, 2006 11:49 AM:

Crikey mate! Words are in the ear of the attendee... Blogs, they're a bit of a red herring aren't they? let's not take them toooo seriously.

However, the web, well that's another kettle of fish. I wouldn't want anyone to trifle with it! I rather hope that people will continue to give it its dues and not bring down the curtain on its wonderful public service, thus far. Let's hope that there won't be a dark day ahead for the web as we know it and that the future remains bright!

Enjoy your voting day to day people and if you get the opportunity to vote with your wallet over a Two Tier world wide web in the future - make sure you think before buying!

Let's keep THE internet the PEOPLES' internet and not "The Internet (tm)" owned by some American founded trans-national corporation (subscription only) :(

Crikey that's a fair bit of comment. Here's to bloggers - All the best Horst!

Kindest regards, Mickey