June 14, 2006

Question

Should I keep the wrong CD or send it back? Suggestions in the comments, please.

Posted by Horst on June 14, 2006 10:46 PM to my so-called life | Tell-a-friend
Comments
dd said on June 15, 2006 02:57 PM:

IŽd explicitly ask them again, maybe in english.
If thereŽs another confusing or off-topic reply, IŽd keep the cd.

Jann said on June 16, 2006 02:34 AM:

If I were in a similar situation and I returned the item, based on experience, I can tell you that they would immediately credit my visa a second time. I would then call to ask them to reinstate the charges, as they had credited me twice for the same item. This would result in them reinstating the charges twice, which would leave me in a worse position, having neither the item nor the money, also feeling very frustrated. Therefore, I would not follow this course of action, but would instead put the item aside (along with the original packing material, etc.), and wait six weeks to six months, depending on my guestimate of how long it would take employees of this company to shred/delete things they didn't know what to do with. If still no word, I would feel free to donate the item; in the case of a CD, it would be to my local public library.

laura g brown said on June 16, 2006 06:11 AM:

Put the item you want in your wishlist, and see what happens.

Horst said on June 16, 2006 11:43 AM:

If I wait too long to send it back, they might charge me again. Sending it back and getting the money back a second time sounds like the better option.

Horst said on June 29, 2006 11:12 AM:

I sent it back, but so far I haven't received the money back a second time.