June 04, 2006

Announcement

Sunday 4 June
DJs dd & h-prill @ Rhiz
1080 Wien, Gürtelbogen 37-38 (U6 Josefstädter Strasse)
Starts 9pm - ends late.
Come. If you can't come, listen to the live stream.

(Note: this entry will remain at the top of this page for a while. Scroll down for new entries.)

Posted by Horst on June 4, 2006 01:33 PM to news of the world | Tell-a-friend
Comments
Jann said on June 5, 2006 04:10 PM:

Well, that was enjoyable! I was a bit surprised to hear "My Boyfriend's Back" (The Angels) and "I've Never Been to Me" (Charlene). Whereas I like these songs well enough, (for occasional listening), I would have guessed they'd be among the ones that cause you to bemoan the idea that someone might have bought the CDs.

Horst said on June 5, 2006 05:28 PM:

Don't forget that only every other song was selected by me, the other half was by DJ dd -- as it happens, "My Boyfriend's Back" was my selection, but "I've Never Been to Me" was not (and I do find it somewhat cheesy).

...but if you think either of these records would have me bemoan the CD thing: no, there are _significantly_ worse records around.

Jann said on June 5, 2006 08:02 PM:

Well, I'm glad to hear that.
Sometimes it's nice to be wrong. I was beginning to worry that some of my favorite songs might be on your s**t list! (Can we say that here?)

dd said on June 7, 2006 01:23 PM:

"somewhat cheesy"??? horst, "I've never been to me" is the epitome of cheesiness! that's what's so great about this song. both the lyrics and the performance are so completely over the top that it's _almost_ genuinely moving again. esp. that spoken part in the middle.
one of the most wonderfully terrible songs ever recorded.

Jann said on June 7, 2006 03:35 PM:

So, dd, were you going for "camp" here? (The word that used to be used in the US to describe songs so bad that they were actually considered
good).

dd said on June 7, 2006 09:06 PM:

basically, yes, but I usually would be hesistant to admit it.