April 01, 2006

Hack April fool

It looks like someone hacked into rateyourmusic.com and replaced all the uploaded album cover images with rather silly ones. Have a look before they fix it.

I just hope they have a backup somewhere, or this is going to be a major pain.

It looks like someone at rateyourmusic.com is having a bit of fun on April Fools' day and has replaced all the uploaded album cover images with rather silly ones. Have a look before it's back to normal again.

Posted by Horst on April 1, 2006 01:45 PM to the body electric | Tell-a-friend
Comments
Andreas Fuchs said on April 1, 2006 02:31 PM:

I hate to break the news to you, but...

"Posted by Horst on April 1, 2006 01:45 PM"

walt said on April 1, 2006 07:37 PM:

Horst--Andreas said it first, but then, perhaps April Fools' Day isn't as avidly practiced where you are as it is around these parts. Haven't gone there yet, but I'll bet Google's a bit strange today as well. The "backup" will doubtless reappear tomorrow.

Horst said on April 1, 2006 08:52 PM:

Gah. I feel so stupid.
No, it's not practiced as avidly hereabouts.

lucid said on April 1, 2006 10:21 PM:

Hey, my mother called me up at 8 in the morning to tell me my ex-husband had called her because he cannot reach me and has something very important to tell me - hahaha. Worst thing: I believed her!

Later we met for dinner and my parents didn't believe I left my son at home because he was ill. They thought I was joking! The waiter kept asking me how many we were and they insisted I was just joking and for about ten minutes waited for my son to pop out from where he was hiding. *That's* embarassing!

laura said on April 2, 2006 12:36 AM:

Luckily for the L.A. Zoo, April Fool's did not fall on a weekday. Workers are fond of giving the zoo's phone no. on April 1, along with a message that "G. Raff," "Ellie Funt," or "R.D. Vark" called, and zoo admissions personnel are forced to deal with the calls.