March 07, 2006

Entertainment

Huchting

True fans will easily recognize which concert I'm going to tonight just by looking at this picture.

Update: Back from the concert. Good stuff. The support group was a bit lame, as their name already suggested, but the main act lived up to the expectations, even though their second guitarist was ill and therefore absent. Romantik!

Posted by Horst on March 7, 2006 05:30 PM to reviews | Tell-a-friend

Comments
PP said on March 8, 2006 01:52 AM:

A good concert, indeed, but I missed the second guitar. And "All across the Universe" wasn't sooo necessary at the end. But nevertheless...

Horst said on March 8, 2006 09:39 AM:

Yes. Don't ask me why, but for some reason I'd hoped they would play some Johnny Cash song as the third encore, so I was a bit disappointed about "Across the Universe" as well. I like concerts that close with fast songs.

Armin said on March 8, 2006 08:06 PM:

Where did you find that picture? Haven't see a tram like that for years, they're all these low floor thingies now.

Oh, and the flags usually only fly during the "fifth season" ;-)

Horst said on March 8, 2006 11:34 PM:

It's in this year's Tramway Yearbook. Apparently there was some 125-year jubilee in 2005, so they had some vintage trams running.

lucid said on March 10, 2006 06:48 PM:

I think it was DerStandard that said it hasn't been such a good idea to perform without the ill guitarist and the one guitar they had was a "Kindergartentantegitarre".

[Oh. No HTML allowed anymore. The italic-tag was of no use anyway, though.]

Horst said on March 11, 2006 01:08 PM:

Yes, Mr. Schachinger's review in Der Standard was somewhere between "reserved" and "mean". It wasn't that bad, but some songs dragged noticeably without the solos, and I felt that the band lost some of their enthusiasm about mid-way through the programme, possibly because they felt that the songs didn't work as well as they should. Still, I've had a lot worse concerts than this.