July 17, 2005

No, I don't have it yet. No, I don't intend to buy it. No, I don't have any of the others. Yes, I tried to read the first one, honestly, but it bored me stiff after about 30 pages, so I stopped. No, I don't want to hear any more about it. Yes, I think it's hugely overrated. Yes, I want to be as rich as Ms Rowling.

Posted by Horst on July 17, 2005 11:59 AM to books & bookkeeping | Tell-a-friend

Comments
Armin said on July 18, 2005 12:12 PM:

I can top that: I haven't read a single page of Harry Potter.

I have bought one or two of it though: My sister asked me to buy them for her. And I've seen the Harry Potter Bridge with my own eyes, although at that time it was still Glenfinnan Viaduct...

nora said on July 18, 2005 03:57 PM:

i'm all done. overrated? sure, considering the hype. entertaining? no doubt. tolkien bores me to sleep.

Anne said on July 20, 2005 12:59 PM:

Amen, brother. I think everyone who is involved with the whole mess that is the "Harry Potter phenomenon" should be shot. Honestly now, the woman can't write. She's the Dean Koontz of fantasy. Don't get me started.

laura said on July 20, 2005 08:54 PM:

I preordered "Potter" for my daughter, and my husband is reading it out to her. I am perfectly able to ignore it while I read Entertainment Weekly. The book has the appearance of a huge building brick; I can envision a house being made of them, with library paste for mortar.

ibert said on July 23, 2005 04:07 PM:

Never try to explain a bunch of beer drinkers, what "coffee" is...