April 28, 2005

RIP

Hardly anyone is allowing Trackbacks anymore. At least none of the people whom I'd occasionally want ping do. Can we say that spam successfully killed this technology?

Of course, maybe it was the technology that was problematic if only the spammers actually bothered to try and figure out what it was useful for.

Posted by Horst on April 28, 2005 11:25 AM to metablogging | Tell-a-friend

We received this ping from Tissot Blog on April 28, 2005 09:27 PM:

Trackbacks are dead: are trackbacks dead ? ... ok let's switch to wikis ! [more]

We received this ping from metamorphosism on April 29, 2005 03:25 PM:

In other news, University of Vienna vanishes into space-time discontinuity the size of a pea: I was, this morning in the shower, thinking about trackbacks and how my theory is they were a product of the obsessive-compulsive micro-managing personality of Mena, who once, years ago, mailed me when I linked her blog, asking me to... [more]

Comments
gibarian said on April 28, 2005 12:50 PM:

Seems like there are even three overlapping parallel universes. Only yesterday, in that posting, you elaborated a bit more extensively on that matter. Let's just hope the server doesn't crash as well.

laura said on April 28, 2005 06:40 PM:

I'm glad Gibarian isn't in my house to figure out who ate the last donut.

Horst said on April 29, 2005 10:09 AM:

The spookiness continues: yesterday I wanted to tell my students about the phenomenon of inversion in English, only to be told that another teacher had told them all about it only two hours earlier in a totally different class.

I hope the time/space continuum is not about to collapse. Or maybe I'm turning into a psychic.