January 19, 2005

Assistance needed

Just noticed that BBC4 will broadcast a documentary on my favourite band, The Fall this Friday, January 21st, at 10pm.

Now I would be extremely grateful if any of my readers in the UK (Ralf? Konstantin? Jag? Suw? Anyone else?) could record this for me on video. As far as I understand, BBC4 is a pay-TV channel, but maybe somebody out there is paying for it. In return, I'll invite you for dinner next time I'm in London. Or send you an Indian movie on DVD. Or a complimentary copy of my book. Or of my other book. Or publicly express my sincere thanks on this weblog.

Update: There's an interview with Mark E. Smith from The Guardian here, and another one from The Observer here.

Posted by Horst on January 19, 2005 12:42 AM to the body electric | Tell-a-friend

Comments
Jag said on January 19, 2005 09:31 AM:

I can record it for you Horst. I have a Tivo which can do it - and I can then output the show to VHS at any time. Let me know where to post the tape afterwards though.

Now all I have to do is think about what to make you do for me ... ;-)

Armin said on January 19, 2005 09:54 AM:

Without TV I obviously can't record anything.

But a quick correction: BBC4 is available on Freeview, so the only thing you need is a set-top box (apparently around GBP 50)

Jag said on January 19, 2005 12:15 PM:

I get BBC4 on Sky Digital. And I pay for Sky. But I do believe that BBC4 is a free channel. As Armin says - it's also available on Freeview using Set Top Box - although I guess you probably can't get Freeview signals in Vienna!

Horst said on January 19, 2005 01:26 PM:

Armin, I didn't mention your name because I had followed your battle with the TV licencing people, but even on Freeview, BBC4 is out of reach for me here in Austria.

Jag, your help would be much appreciated. I'll send you my postal address in a separate e-mail. Just tell me if you want my book, my other book, an Indian DVD I want to get rid of, one of the annual music compilations or a random audio CD that I want to get rid of.

Jag said on January 19, 2005 03:30 PM:

OK - so now I need some time to think about my prize! Also - send details to my gmail address. (Supplied in this comment.)

The Cartoonist said on January 19, 2005 06:12 PM:

Bugger. I don't have a VCR... sorry, Horst.

Armin said on January 20, 2005 09:29 PM:

Horst, kind of guessed that, just wrote it for completeness.

I tried to tempt fate with another entry about it yesterday to be able to continue the saga, no new letter yet though. Nor any Enforcement Officers.

Jag said on January 23, 2005 05:06 PM:

OK - so it's recorded - don't forget to send me the address to send the tape.

Horst said on January 24, 2005 01:49 PM:

Many thanks! Details are on the way via e-mail. Don't forget to tell me what you want in exchange.