September 20, 2004

What we really need

There are some initiatives on the web that I simply don't get. Cats? Who needs cats anyway, unless you want to be infected with toxoplasma? On the contrary, what we really need is not more cat content on weblogs, but more moose content. Which is why I designed this button

More moose content in weblogs!

which you can display on your weblog to show your support for mooses on the WWW. Stop the spread of toxoplasma! More moose pictures in weblogs! Yay!

Save the button to your hard disk, the upload it to your server. Here is the HTML code to display it. Just copy it and paste it into your page:

And here, finally, some more moose content:

A moose picture

Posted by Haldur Gislufsson on September 20, 2004 04:08 PM to creatures great & small | Tell-a-friend

We received this ping from netbib weblog on September 21, 2004 06:58 PM:

Moose content: Wie bekannt sein dürfte, bin ich nicht der gleichen Meinung wie Haldur, was premium content angeht, aber warum nicht: !!. Um diesen Eintrag ein wenig zu relativieren, hier gleich einen Link, den ich bei KerLeone gefunden habe: How 2 paint a Katz. Meh... [more]

We received this ping from anArchiv.com on September 21, 2004 10:47 PM:

MooseContent: Mit Moose kann ich leider nicht dienen, wie wärs damit: Kommt doch ein bisschen hin, war schon mal anarchiviert. Oder vielleicht auch [more]

We received this ping from London Leben on September 22, 2004 05:49 PM:

Naja, warum nicht: Haldur hat mich freundlicherweise darauf aufmerksam gemacht. Ich bin nicht ganz ueberzeugt. Aber es klingt nach einer wohldurchdachten Idee. Es scheint also wert zu sein, darueber zu schreiben. Katzen stehen bei mir immer noch, ganz klar, an erster Ste... [more]

We received this ping from The Cartoonist on September 25, 2004 12:01 AM:

No probs, Guys.: Especially when talking about a very naughty moose. [more]

We received this ping from projektor on September 25, 2004 07:38 PM:

Elche++: Man findet viel Zeug in den Blogs, leider aber viel zu wenig Elche. The Aardvark Speaks hat dies schon vor längerer Zeit bemerkt und da ich Elche in jeder Form schon immer saustark finde, hab ich mich natürlich dieser lobenswerten Alternative angesc... [more]

We received this ping from on January 29, 2005 04:15 AM:

Weblogs brauchen mehr Katzen-Content!: Weblogs brauchen mehr Katzen-Content! [more]

Comments
catwalk said on September 20, 2004 09:38 PM:

*patsch!* ;-)

Hetty said on September 20, 2004 10:21 PM:

Haldu, get real or get lost! A contented moose is all we want, not moose content. Did cat-envier Horst put you up to this?
What's wrong with a puddy cat?

dieter said on September 21, 2004 09:28 AM:

Unlike Horst, I love cats. They are cute, cat videos and pictures are funny and everything. But, first, there is quite a lot of cat content in literature and on the internet already, and, second, cats are already an ecological problem because of their mere number. At least those cats that are allowed to live a more or less natural life which includes hunting birds although they get enough cat food.

Why not some more hedgehog or aardvark content?

Horst said on September 21, 2004 10:12 AM:

There must be some kind of misunderstanding. I don't mind cats. I actually think they're kind of cute. If I wasn't allergic to cats, I'm actually pretty sure I'd have one.

Haldur Gislufsson said on September 21, 2004 03:00 PM:

Dieter, I don't know what you are complaining about. We had brilliant aardvark content (including an aardvark movie!) only last week.

As for hedgehogs... that's not exactly our line of business. Why on earth would you want that?

Armin said on September 21, 2004 09:48 PM:

I'm all for rabbit and also fox content. Although I do occasionally also have Premium Content...

Tom Lazar said on September 21, 2004 09:55 PM:

Well, you all ain't seen nothing, yet...

;-)

Armin said on September 21, 2004 10:54 PM:

Hm, are you sure? ;-)

Haldur Gislufsson said on September 21, 2004 11:31 PM:

Tom, I am seriously shocked. When I said "moose content", I didn't really think of moose p*rn. I think I prefer the excellent deer content on Armin's site today. Officially, at least.

hotmac said on September 23, 2004 03:31 PM:

Moose au Chocolate? Veeery tasty (although a little bit hairy...). But Cat au Chocolat? What a silly idea...

Whittler said on October 8, 2004 06:16 AM:

Thank God someone took the initiative!

ken your said on October 16, 2004 11:50 PM:

Ahhh, the mighty Moose. More Moose Please. I met a woman on the INTERNET and moved from Canada to England with 3--THREE--stuffed Moose. Pinky Moose and Serious Moose and Katey Moose. I got to England and 6 months and 1 week later I married the woman I met on the INTERNET---It was Moose Power --- Combined with PENGUIN GODS.
Peace from a Canadian Immigrant.
ken

moncay said on December 27, 2004 10:23 AM:

only recently I got aware of my moose content!

tina said on August 31, 2005 07:28 AM:

love your moose. show me more...

Shelly (gotta love'em) said on September 5, 2005 09:27 PM:

I love hedgehogs..why not put them on the page? They're cute and they always act a little bit quirky. And don't say "why do you want hedgehogs anyway", because I like them. Besides, moose are big and bulky. Hedgehogs are cute and small. I'm sure everyone will at least like them, so the real question is, "Why NOT hedgehogs?"

beth said on September 7, 2005 12:59 PM:

i think everybody is being real mean to this site. i love mooses and i want more of them they are just soooooooooooo cute!

Dumoose Mooswell said on January 28, 2006 11:35 PM:

Thank goodness somebody gives a moose for mooses- They are the cutest fuzziest adorablest things that have ever existed on planet earth! But you must include more pictures of mooses....
- The Mad Moose

Dumoose Mooswell II said on January 28, 2006 11:40 PM:

I shall make my return on this rainy day of January- My father used to live in Alaska where there are LOTS of Mooses. One time he was going up river and there was a mama and a baby moose in the water. The mama got out but the baby moose kept swimming, and he went right up to it and grabbed it by its ears, and it towed them for a few yards upriver!!! FUZZY MOOSE EARS!!!!!
-The Mad Moose Returns

Samio said on March 4, 2006 07:03 PM:

beau said on May 30, 2006 03:21 AM:

send me some pics

Ezza said on July 9, 2006 09:08 AM:

Yes! Finally some Moose-age!!

aaron said on October 5, 2006 06:10 PM:

hardcore

Gisele said on April 19, 2007 01:46 AM:

Who do you think you are saying who needs cats?!! Cats are an important species. How would you like it if I said who needs aardvarks? HUH??
You guys are weirdos. Cats are awesome.

bob said on May 11, 2007 09:08 PM:

i love the moose

Mr. Moose the Magic Moose said on May 19, 2007 11:11 PM:

MOOSE PLURAL IS MOOSE!!!!!
NOT MOOSES!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
YOU DISGRACE THE NAME OF MOOSE!!!!

molokai said on July 8, 2007 09:18 AM:

I am from newfoundland and looking for some good photos to show my family. I am now living in Iqaluit Nunavut where there are no moose. My family have never seen a moose where as I have grown up around them like they were just another pet. I don't know what all this chat is about but if you want to know something about moose then just follow one for 2 days and you will know one as if you were one.

Babs said on July 9, 2007 03:47 AM:

OK, moose are most awesome animals, you know. Really a character! And cats are great as well! ;-)

Babs said on July 9, 2007 03:49 AM:

P.S. And by the way I didn't know plural from "moose" before but I have found it out some time ago... Moose ruuuule! I think "Moose Content" is one great idea!!!!!!

kenai-white-moose said on July 13, 2007 02:36 AM:

Mr. Moose the Majic Moose: We don't disgrace the name of Moose, we disgrace the noun of Moose!
+++++
Babs: Glad you now know plural from "moose". Of course plural means many (or at least more than one); "moose" is different so it is like knowing "s__t from Shinola".

You are right, good idea.

moose love said on October 4, 2007 10:33 AM:

Moose Love Moose's Are Great And Should Be Aloud To Vote

qupafa said on October 4, 2007 10:36 AM:

upafa fells mooses rule

Dan said on October 22, 2007 04:45 PM:

From the theme song from "Men With Brooms."

Land of the Silver Birch.
Home of the beaver.
Where still the mighty moose wanders at will.

jocelyn said on October 30, 2007 07:16 AM:

diz iz a very great pic of the moose

lol said on November 13, 2007 06:15 PM:

I'm gonna use dis pic 4 a school project!!

elsa said on November 16, 2007 08:30 PM:

they rock! we should leave them alone!

aunie boy said on January 9, 2008 09:59 PM:

expeeert!!! u tell em' mr. majic moose mann...
if we leave them alone the population will increase, pretty soon they'll have no more food, snap of a finger they'll be extinct...

Andrew said on January 10, 2008 12:39 AM:

i like youre page!!!!!
y did u make it?????

bob said on January 10, 2008 12:43 AM:

you guys rock!!
have you shot a dear ever??
email me.
o.k.
will you??

Alana said on January 13, 2008 01:30 AM:

I hate it that the moose is on the endangered list .Moose are my fave animal

Kasey said on January 20, 2008 11:58 PM:

I love moose!!! In 5 minutes i am having a moose party!=)

moose assassin said on February 1, 2008 11:05 PM:

i wish the moose was ridable, to bad that got banned. I usually ride moose all the time, alright fuck yeah

travis weldon said on February 2, 2008 05:26 AM:

hi my nickname is moose because thats my favorite thing to hunt

quagmire said on February 7, 2008 02:09 AM:

that moose is awesome
wish i had it as a pet

randomist said on February 10, 2008 08:49 PM:

mooses are cute,they're a bit like deer, but bigger and with furry antler horn things.