June 08, 2004

It's available: "CURSED"

I am happy to announce that my book CURSED: poetry, pictures, fragments & figments is now available at a bookshop near you.

CURSED is a retrospective volume, covering 6 years of poetry and 12 years of other artistic output by myself and my art project ART IS LIFE. The 240-page, richly illustrated volume contains:

Horst Prillinger: Cursed. Poetry, pictures, fragments and figments

• Collected poetry, including "17 Library Haikus", "The Belgian Beer Cycle", "Scotland '98 - a Travelogue in Verse" and "Dream Log 1-10".

• The Best of The Aardvark Speaks - selected weblog entries from August 2002 through April 2004.

• Stills and notes from the films Rivers flow, Dear Mona and Things I Learned from Watching TV after Midnight.

• Selected photography, including "Post-Thatcherist Tri-Triptych" and "Memento Mori".

• Documents and pictures of object art, including "Praying Mantis Exhibit", "Phone Booth" and "Iconography".

Most of the texts are in English; preface and explanatory notes are in English and German.

View sample pages from the book!

CURSED can be bought at every bookshop in Austria, Germany and Switzerland, and internationally from online booksellers Amazon and Libri.

Prillinger, Horst: Cursed : poetry, pictures, fragments & figments. / Horst P. Prillinger. - Norderstedt : BoD 2004. - 240 pp.
ISBN 978-3-8334-1255-4 (paperback)
Suggested retail price: € 18.50

Order online from Amazon
Order online from Libri

Posted by Horst on June 8, 2004 01:56 PM to books & bookkeeping | Tell-a-friend

We received this ping from Der Schockwellenreiter on June 10, 2004 09:15 AM:

Lesefutter: Horst Prillinger hat ein Buch geschrieben. Es hei t CURSED: poetry, pictures, fragments & figments. Er selber schreibt dazu: CURSED is a retrospective volume, covering 6 years of poetry and 12 years of other artistic output by myself and my art... [more]

Comments
Bonnie said on June 8, 2004 02:38 PM:

Congratulations!! I'll be ordering my copy today...

Horst said on June 8, 2004 02:44 PM:

This is Amazon Germany, so if you don't know German, you'll have to guess your way through the order process. It looks identical to the UK and US sites though, so the guesswork shouldn't be too difficult.

You don't have to re-register if you are already an Amazon customer in another country.

I hope they don't charge too much for shipping, but shipping costs from the US to over here are kind of okay, so they should be okay vice versa.

Bonnie said on June 8, 2004 05:15 PM:

I work with a guy who speaks fluent German, so I'm going to have him translate for me. :-)

I've ordered from Amazon UK before, and shipping hasn't been too bad from there, so I suspect that it'll be pretty reasonable.

rob said on June 8, 2004 08:14 PM:

Congratulations Horst!

dd said on June 8, 2004 09:38 PM:

congratulations!
is it also possible to order from the author directly ? if so, Id like my copy delivered to the rhiz club next sunday, please.

Horst said on June 8, 2004 09:51 PM:

Of course. If you live in Vienna, the best way is to meet me in person and buy directly from me (e.g. at the Labyrinth poetry meeting on July 2nd) — saves you the postage and the hassle. You might even get one of the limited copies that include a free audio CD. Or a signed copy, of course. ;-)

vasili said on June 9, 2004 09:34 AM:

"Die von Ihnen angeforderte Seite konnte leider nicht gefunden werden."

it's surely due to my own incompetence, but i don't find your book on amazon.

Horst said on June 9, 2004 09:44 AM:

Hey -- it's gone! It was there yesterday, but it's gone now. I hope they put it back.

Maxx said on June 9, 2004 10:31 AM:

Sold out already? ;)

I was lucky enough to still grab a copy last night.

Horst said on June 9, 2004 10:44 AM:

Maxx: I'd love to think it'd be sold out (which would mean I'm finally rich and famous), but as it's printed on demand, it can't technically be sold out. No idea what's wrong here. Please keep me informed whether you get your copy or whether they send you some error mail.

The Cartoonist said on June 10, 2004 09:09 PM:

Search for 'Prillinger' on amazon.de doesn't return any results either - 7 Prillingers, one Horst. But no 'cursed'. How strange.

Maxx said on June 10, 2004 09:33 PM:

Well, I got the usual order confirmation back. So let's wait and see.

Horst said on June 10, 2004 10:01 PM:

I assume they de-listed it because it's not yet in the VLB (list of German books in print). I hope they realize it *is* available as soon as they order it from the publisher to fulfil Maxx's order, and put it back online. It'd be a real bummer if they didn't. Well, everybody who knows German can order it from Libri in the meantime.

Horst said on June 21, 2004 12:48 AM:

It's available from Amazon again!

Maxx said on June 22, 2004 10:39 PM:

Na, geht doch ;)

Maxx said on June 22, 2004 11:31 PM:

Oops. Oben sollte eigentlich eine Kopie der Amazon Versandbestaetigung erscheinen.
However, it's on its way.

Maxx said on June 24, 2004 08:13 PM:

Und schon angekommen. Review dann spaeter ;)

laura said on July 2, 2004 07:38 PM:

Wish I could buy a copy of your book at the poetry meeting today! How do you feel about Bill Clinton, a man shallower than pond scum, being paid $10 million to write his memoirs, and then posting record sales? He'll probably end up being elected mayor of NYC. Maybe that Shrek reviewer was right.

Horst said on July 9, 2004 09:31 PM:

laura: Amazon.de does ship to the USA, so you can get it that way.

david garcia said on December 9, 2004 05:43 PM:

I'll buy it when it comes out in paper back!

Horst said on December 9, 2004 07:01 PM: