Testing RExcel for different language versions of Windows and Excel
I need your help to solve some internationalization issues. The RExcel addin behaves strangely if you try to use a Workbook on a machine with a different language version of Excel and/or Windows than the one where you created the workbook. I need reports. Please test with Excel 2003.
Here is a zip file rexceltest.zip containing 7 files: a new version of
RExcel.xla and 6 workbook files.
Please do the following.
- Close any version of Excel you have running.
- Unzip these file in a convenient place.
- Save the current
RExcel.xla. It is usually found in
C:\Program Files\R\(D)COM Server\xls
- Put the new
RExcel.xlain the place of the original one.
- Open a Text editor.
- Start Excel
- Bring up the
RExcel→About RExceldialog box, and click
- Copy to clipboard. Then click OK.
- Go to your text editor and do a Paste, you will see some version information about Excel, Windows …
- Now for each of the 6 workbook files do the following
- Open the file
- Go to the text editor
- Do Paste
- Go to Excel
- Close the file
You will have a lot of text in you editor now. Please mail all the contents of the editor to
erich dot neuwirth at univie dot ac dot at